Thursday, February 24, 2011

I'm Registered!!! Steelhead Ironman 70.3, Here I Come!!!

Thursday, February 24, 2011  at 2:18 PM
With 171 days till race day, I'm finally registered for the Steelhead Ironman 70.3!  I'm so super stoked about it too.  That race is the climax of my events this year since the longest triathlon I've done is a sprint.  Now I'm signed up for 70.3 miles of extreme fun.  I can't wait!  The best part about it is that I have a little under 6 months to train for it, and evert bit of training will be worth it on race day.

I got the clearance from the wife, which wasn't too hard since she's super supportive of this and wants me to succeed.  

 Then, with a couple clicks of the mouse, and a couple hundred dollars later, I was registered!


A few minutes later, I got the confirmation email!  HOORAH!!!!

I'm so stoked about this.  In fact, it's a little hard to focus on the Holy Half-Marathon, but I guess training is training, so it's really going for both. 

Last night, my good buddy, Josh (the same guy that helped create my weight loss chart- "All Aboard! Get on the Training Train!"), came over so we could analyze our aero positions on our bikes.  After taking pictures of both our forms, I feel like an actual Tri-bike would be so much better.  We both love just riding all the time, so it's hard to make the switch.  Anyway, take a look at my aero position and tell me what I can adjust to make it better.  I think that I'll slide my seat a bit forward and drop the spacers out of my stem to lower the handlebars.  


I've read a bunch on angles in the aero position, and it seems that the hip angle should be 90* just like the shoulder angle.  I think that my shoulders might be taking a little more pressure than if I could tighten up that angle.  Give me your expertise!

Here's a picture of his sweet bike and position:


I've been pretty busy lazy this week, but that stops today.  I'm gonna do a pretty fast 4 mile run this afternoon, and I'll probably spend some time on the bike too.  This Sunday will be 8 miles of pavement with Nick.  It's so nice to have a good friend to run with!

4 comments:

Unknown

Congrats on registering! :)

Ironman By Thirty

Congrats on registering! I should do that myself this weekend. It sure is easy to drop a couple hundred bucks with a few mouse clicks.

I think you are on the right track with your fit. That front angle should be closer to 90*. How you do that is where I get lost. You sound like you are on the right track though. You might try flipping the stem depending on how it is currently oriented.

Matty O

Congrats. That is usually the hardest part haha, shelling out the money :)

Keep up the good work. It will all fall into place.

My bike positioning is all messed up. I have a large ribcage so I can't get my back flat or my shoulders at 90 without hitting my quads on my chest.

It is what it is for me :(

Amber

Keep the training up!

You need some fresh paint where you cycle, maybe electric blue? haha

Anyways good luck this month. get those miles in!