Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fishy, Fishy, Swimmin' in the Water

Tuesday, April 19, 2011  at 9:52 PM
Jenn and I just got back from our first swim in over a year.  It was AWESOME!  I was pretty nervous about getting back in the pool, but everything went really well.  The seminary that I go to is a part of Andrews University.  They have some cool stuff like a frisbee golf course and a dairy farm, but they also have a sweet pool!  Jenn and I had checked it out a month ago, but tonight was the first real test.  We met one of our good friends on the way in, and he showed us the ropes.  The water was pretty warm at 85*, but it was pretty nice on a cold icy night.   
There were a whole bunch of people there swimming laps, so the lifeguard had us circle swim.  That was fine because I got a chance to do something I had never really done before...drafting.  Jenn is a much better swimmer than me, so I let her lead and tried to stay on her toes.  It was pretty awesome, although I didn't really see much of a difference in my time.  I wanted to take it easy tonight as I'm just getting back into it, but I thought my times turned out pretty good.  We did 300 yards of warmup, followed by 5x100's with 15 second breaks, and cooled off with 200 yards making a total of 1000 yards.  My average lap was right at a minute.  I know that's slow for a lot of you, but I think that is a great place to start.  It feels good to be back in the water again.  Since I've officially lost over 30 lbs since December 26, I can totally feel a difference.  It was a lot easier tonight than ever before!

Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

Matty O

Great start! Keep up the energy and momentum!

M

Way to get started!

Gotta Run.....

WOW....30lb weight loss. Great JOB!!!!

I am not a fan of circle simming. Hard to do when you are swimming sets and have rest periods etc.

Nice work on getting back in the pool. Can be so relaxing.

Ironman By Thirty

Great start! Getting started with swimming is the hardest part. Keep it up!

Caratunk Girl

Like Kevin said, getting started is the hardest part. But if you stick with it, you see fast improvements. I find the more time I spend swimming, the more I "get" what people are talking about when they say they "feel" the water...

ALSO - check out Swim Smooth - the Mr.Smooth console is free and it helps you visualize things (helped me anyway)

30 lbs!! Holy cow!!

Unknown

Yay! Great first workout.

And dude... congrats n the weight loss! That's awesome!

Anonymous

hello there and thank you for your info – I have certainly picked up anything new from
right here. I did however expertise a few technical issues
using this web site, since I experienced to reload the site a lot of times previous to I could get it
to load correctly. I had been wondering if your web host is OK?
Not that I'm complaining, but slow loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and could damage your quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I am adding this RSS to my email and could look out for a lot more of your respective intriguing content. Make sure you update this again very soon.

Visit my homepage :: diet plans that work

yanmaneee

birkin bag
lebron 17 shoes
off white shoes
hermes online
golden goose
supreme clothing
balenciaga
yeezy 350
balenciaga
nike x off white

Post a Comment

Dont Be Shy! Leave a comment.